St Lucians will have to dig deeper in their pockets to buy kerosene, diesel and LPG.
The Ministry of Commerce has announced that as of May 2, 2022, the price of these items are expected to rise.
In a statement, the ministry gave the following price adjustments:
- Kerosene increased from $2.33 to $3.09 per litre or from $10.57 to $14.03 per gallon
- Diesel increased from $3.51 to $3.57 per litre or from $15.95 to $16.23 per gallon
- 20 Pound Cylinder (9.07 kg) increased from $39.81 to $42.93 per cylinder
- 22 Pound Cylinder (9.98 kg) increased from $43.79 to $47.23 per cylinder
- 100 Pound Cylinder (45.36kg) increased from $309.89 to $341.16 per cylinder
The price of gasoline remains unchanged at $3.51 per litre or $15.95 per gallon.
The ministry said the price changes were in keeping with changes in international oil prices and Government’s application of the modified market pass-through petroleum pricing mechanism.
The next adjustment will be on Monday, May 23, 2022.